The IHS Society - Registration:
The IHS society is registered under the Andhra Pradesh (Telangana Area) Public Societies Act 1350 Fasli, being an Act for the Registration of Literary, Scientific and Charitable Societies.
IHS Society Registration Number: 3748 of 1990.
Date of Registration: 5th December, 1990.
View/Download IHS Society Registration Certificte
The Memorandum of Association:
- Name & Location:
- The name of the Society is "The Institute of Health Systems.
- The Registered Office of the Society shall be situated in: Sivananda Rehabilitation Home (SRH) - Campus, Kukatpally, Hyderabad, TS 500072, India.
- In this memorandum, unless the context otherwise requires:
- "Health Systems" includes the professional, technological, behavioural, social, economic, cultural and other subsystems whose interrelated action contribute to the health of the people.
- Objects of the Society:
The objects for which the Society is formed are:
- To promote and provide for study of health systems, health policy, health services management, health economics and medical sociology.
- To identify processes that can work to improve the health of the people.
- To observe processes that work amongst the functionaries and beneficiaries of the health care delivery system.
- To look for locally viable solutions and innovations.
- To assist in development and strengthening of linkages for social development.
- To develop, apply and disseminate knowledge about health systems and services, their organization and management.
- To conduct applied health systems research.
- To promote good and appropriate management practices and encourage cost efficiency among health care delivery institutions (HDIs).
- To promote efficient material resources management by health care delivery institutions.
- To promote effective human resources management by health care delivery institutions.
- To promote improvements in the planning and management of hospitals and health services.
- To conduct training, research and offer consultancy on the planning design and evaluation of buildings for health care delivery institutions.
- To improve standards of health care by developing and applying management ethos, perceptions and skills.
- To offer consultancy and advisory assistance to health authorities and HDIs in project formulation, appraisal monitoring and related areas.
- To conduct evaluation studies on the impact of medical and health care policies, systems, programmes, schemes, projects, institutions etc.
- To undertake research, development, teaching and consultancy activities to assist managers in provision of efficient and effective health care services.
- To promote excellence in health services management and development of good managers.
- To undertake economic research training and consultancy in health and health care problems.
- To undertake teaching research and consultancy activities, intended to increase the effectiveness of health care services.
- To undertake research on matters concerned with organization, delivery and management of health services particularly resource allocation, development of appropriate planning methodologies, evaluation of health care and measurement of health activities.
- To promote development of standards and quality systems in the health sector.
- To promote adoption of cost-effective regimen and appropriate technology in the health sector.
- To carryout research and undertake consultancy educational and advisory services in cost reduction processes in health care delivery institutions.
- To undertake research, training and provide consultancy services in policy development, application, monitoring or evaluation of antipoverty, child development and nutritional programmes as well as other rural development and social services sector programmes.
- To establish and maintain libraries and information services to facilitate the study and application of the principles health services management, health economics, medical sociology and appropriate health policy, rural development, social services programmes etc.
- To constitute or cause to be constituted Regional Branches at convenient centres in India to promote the objects of the Society.
- To cooperate with approved institutions and bodies for the purposes of helping the cause of improved and cost-effective health care to people.
- To offer prizes and to grants scholarships and stipends in furtherance of the objects of the Society. And
- To do all such other lawful things as or conductive or incidental to the attainment of the above objects.
- Certified that the association is formed with no profit motive and no commercial activity is involved in it's working.
- Certified that the office bearers are not paid from the funds of the association.
- Certified that the association would not engage in agitational activities.