Institute of Health Systems

     

Training
Burden of Disease
HSPA
HSR
Health Informatics
Public Health Databases
Publications
Presentations
Library
Metro-WQT
Archive
Home
 
   

Water For Life

           
Fresh air & clean water is top priority for healthy living. Our bodies need clean water. Safe water is key to good health, and contaminated water may end up costly. Water is essential to life and livelihoods. Rich or poor; everyone needs clean water. At zero calories, drinking water is an essential nutrient. Roughly about 80% of needed intake is met from drinking water and beverages, and remaining 20% is derived from foodstuff. Dehydration affects physical and cognitive performance, and at its extreme dehydration can kill. For our domestic use we need water to clean, cook, wash & bath. Water is so critical for almost all economic activities, such as irrigation, fisheries, poultry, boilers, industrial cooling, and so on. Quite naturally, quality of water affects its usefulness for different purposes. Requirements of composition and purity of water varies according to the intended use

 

Drinking Water
Water For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For Life ..[Read More]


Water for Domestic Use
Water For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For Life ..[Read More]


Swimming Pools
Swimming pools are susceptible to contamination. Disease causing organisms may be introduced from many sources but are mainly associated with bathers. These organisms may be brought into pool on bathers' skin, in their saliva, urine and faeces. ..[Read More]


Water Quality for Gardening
Water For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For LifeWater For Life ..[Read More]


Household Water Saving Tips
Washing your bike or car with hose pipe floods your vehicle, giving pockets of accumulated water in nooks and corners. This promotes rusting and reduces the life of your vehicle. ..[Read More]



[Home]

   
 

        | AP State Profile   |   Health System Fact Sheets   |   Alumni   |   Careers  |  Contact us    |